- Providing quality preventative maintenance and prompt service with integrity to the greater Washington DC metropolitan area since 1980
- Avery Elevator Corporation, is incorporated in the state of Maryland, Certified in D.C. and Virginia, with sufficient funds, inventory and insurance. We have acquired a wealth of experienced top elevator technicians, each with approximately 20 years of adjusting and service experience, and knowledgeable in multi-manufacturer maintenance.
- We also provide quality elevator consulting service to the International Elevator Community.
Avery Elevator Corporation is headed by a native Washingtonian, Leonard W. Avery, President and majority stock holder.
- Graduated from New York University with High Honors, receiving the Founder's Day Award. He also received The Gallatin Alumni Achievement Award in 1992.
- Completed two years of electrical engineering.
- Mr. Avery entered the elevator industry in 1956.
- Field engineer, technical advisory and head of field education on the President's staff of Otis Elevator's (I.D.) World Wide operations; New York City's Executive Office 1971-1976
- Personally implemented, formed, and managed Otis' Audio Visual educational department for Otis' World Wide Operations.
- Service manger in charge of both sales and service, U.S. Elevator, Washington D.C., 1976-1980
- Bi-lingual, Mr. Avery has held sales product education and field engineering seminars in South America, Asia, and Europe. On some of the world's tallest buildings, equipped with Otis' highest speed, VIP260 group control.
- Mr. Avery, was requested by officers of IREM and Charles E. Smith Management Company to join IREM's staff as an instructor (1980-1982).
- During 1981, he rewrote and updated chapters 5 &6 covering elevators for the BOMI course, that is offered nationwide, and internationally to property managers desirous of obtaining a Real Property Administrators (RPA) certificate.
- Contributed to the PMA elevator course.
- Personally wrote the CAI elevator course.
- Mr. Avery had qualified as an elevator expert in Local courts of law.
- Chairman of the NAEC Educational and Training Committee 1989.
- Served on NAEC Government Affairs Committee.
- Mr. Avery has written numerous elevator specifications for Condominium Conversion, "Public Offering Statements", as well as, elevators modernization for new construction and elevator modernization for various related firms and architects.
President Leonard W. Avery is an
active member of the following Associations:
NAESA (National Association of Elevator Safety Authorities)
NAEC (National Association of Elevator Contractors)
AOBA (BOMA) (Apartment & Elevator Contractors)
PMA (Property Management Association)
CAI (Community Associations Institute )
During Avery Elevator Corporation's first 30 years we have successfully installed and/or mondernized hundreds of projects, including gear-less, geared, and hydraulic elevators systems. We install the latest non-proprietary microprocessor systems. The majority of our projects were awarded, and performed in cooperation with the area's leading consulting firms. Our portfolio consists of condominiums, apartments, and commercial buildings.
Please contact our office for our reference list/brochure, and to receive a modernization overview for you specific project.